PLUM APARTMENTS TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to all bookings and guests stays at Plum Apartments Carlton, North Melbourne and Collins Street (CBD) locations.
To ensure every Guest experiences a pleasant stay at our property / apartments, and by booking and making a reservation at Plum Apartments, you have agreed to accept the following Terms and Conditions:
1.Registration and Identification - Upon arrival, all guests staying at Plum Apartments are required to sign a registration form and must present a driver’s licence or similar photographic ID and one of them should match the name on the presented credit card and booking confirmation. Guest bookings made on 3rd Party Credit Card must provide evidence of approval for use i.e. letter/email from Employer, family member etc. that includes full contact details, ABN and company letterhead (if applicable). Exceptions to this may only be made by prior arrangement with Plum Apartments.
Guests anticipating arrival outside of reception hours must contact 0447 321 503 or via email during reception hours at least 2 days before arrival. The pre-authorisation will be applied to your credit card. Access instructions will then be emailed to you. Adequate identification (current Driver’s licence, passport or other form of photo ID) is required at time of check-in to verify your identity. The manager reserves the right to refuse entry if Identification is inadequate.
Reception Hours, 528 Swanston Street, Carlton:
- Monday - Friday 8:30am-6.30pm
- Sunday 8:30am-6:30pm
- Public Holidays 8:30am-6:30pm
- Afterhours caretaker available on site at Carlton (contact 0447 321 503)
2. Payments - Bookings made via channels will be subject to their respective payment conditions. For direct bookings with Plum Apartments, you will be required to pay at least 50% of the total value of the booking, with balance due on check-in. Payment can be made via MasterCard, Visa, bank account, and Cash. Payments via VISA/ MASTER Credit card and AMEX/ DINERS incur a 1.5% surcharge and 3.5% surcharge respectively. A booking confirmation will be sent to your nominated email address which should be printed and presented on check in. If you are paying by Cash, we will refund the full amount to your card once receipted when you Checked-in. If you are paying by Cheque, it must be banked and cleared 10 days prior to your arrival. Prices are quoted in Australian dollars, and are on a per-apartment per-night basis and the total booking amount will be based on the date period confirmed.
3. Pre-authorisation/Bond - Guests are required on check-in to present a MasterCard or Visa card enabling a $300 pre-authorisation to be processed. This pre-authorisation validates the presented card, and acts as a bond to cover (but not limited to) the replacement cost of lost key/s, breakages, damage, breaches of policy i.e. smoking in room, pets, excessive cleaning.The pre-authorisation also helps protect both the cardholder and Plum Apartments from possible fraud. The pre-authorised amount is set aside on behalf of Plum Apartments by the card issuer i.e. your financial institution and is released up to 4-5 business days after activation, depending on the issuer. Note a pre-authorisation is not a charge. Once a pre-authorisation has been made, Plum Apartments cannot lower or release the authorised amount until check out. The pre-authorisation will affect your available funds balance or spending limit until which time the bank has released this security. For further information, please refer to your card issuer. If you do not have a Credit Card, or there are insufficient funds on your Credit Card, we will require a Cash Bond of minimum $300 depending on the nature of the booking.
4. Bond (credit card or Cash) –The Bond or security deposit in the form of cash or credit card pre-authorisation is collected to cover any incidentals that were caused by you or anyone in your apartment during your stay. If the damages/ incidents/ monetary loss exceed the bond collected, you agree to indemnify us for the costs of repair. On reasonable grounds, three (3) quotations will be obtained for repairs or replacement of damages and Plum Apartments will seek compensation to the value of the lowest priced quotation. Should you refuse to pay, an official report will be filed with Victoria Police for certification purposes together with details of your booking and ID, with a solicitor appointed to commence the debt recovery process.
5. Policies - Full compliance with all Plum Apartments Policies for smoking, pets, parties, and excessive noise policy is mandatory. Any evidence of smoking in the room or bringing Pets to the apartment will result in immediate forfeiture of the bond. Should you object to your serving of a breach of our no smoking policy, Plum Apartments will have this occurrence/smell verified by two witnesses, with any ongoing disagreement referred to Consumers Affairs Victoria. Incidentals such as lost keys, breakages, damage from smoking, pets, malicious or negligent use or behaviour, excessive cleaning, and resolving other disorderly behaviours, will all be recovered from the Bond.
6. False Fire Alarm incidents. In the event that you (or guests of yours) accidentally trigger the Building’s fire alarm resulting in the attendance of the Melbourne Fire Brigade (MFB) and it is deemed as a “false alarm”, you agree to indemnify Plum Apartments for the penalties/cost associated with the MFB attendance and will meet all costs issued by the relevant authorities. Please refer to all building notices on how you can prevent yourself from activating the building’s fire alarm, in particular should excessive smoke occur in your room from cooking. In summary, it is your responsibility to switch on the range hood when you are cooking, and never open the apartment’s entry door to vent excessive cooking fumes unless making emergency egress. If the Building’s fire alarm is triggered as a result of your actions, you agree to pay for all costs issued by the MFB. Please note that a typical MFB fire attendance cost is around $1600.
7. General Conditions: Descriptions of Plum Apartments on its website, by employees or agents during the booking process are made as accurately as possible and in good faith with no responsibility or warranty for accuracy of description. Individual apartments may differ slightly from those depicted on the Plum Apartments website or any other 3rd party booking site.The number of guests in the apartment/s at any one time shall not exceed the number of guests declared when booking or upon check-in. Should at any time the number of guests in the apartment/s exceed the number declared, Plum Apartments reserves the right to:
(a) charge extra according to the additional number of guests or (b) terminate the reservation immediately, without a refund. In the unlikely event Plum Apartments cannot provide booked accommodation, Plum Apartments will undertake to relocate guests to alternative accommodation of equal or higher standard at no expense to the guest. Should there be no such available accommodation in the vicinity of the original booking, guests may be provided with accommodation of a lesser standard. If this is the case, any reduction in costs will be refunded to the guest. The alternative accommodation offered will be at the discretion of Plum Apartments. Should the guest wish to choose accommodation of a standard other than that offered under this condition, the guest will be required to pay any difference in tariff between that offered by Plum Apartments.
8. Limit of Liability: Plum Apartments and all of its employees or agents do not accept any responsibility for any act, omission, default or neglect of themselves, their employees or agents for injury, damage, or loss to persons or goods whatsoever or however the same may be caused and do not warrant and are in no way responsible for the accuracy of any information given in statement made by their service providers in terms of travel arrangements. Furthermore, Plum Apartments will not be liable for any accident, injury, delay, property damage or personal loss to you or those travelling with you in connection with any accommodation & services provided by Plum Apartments either resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrences or condition beyond its control, including but not limited to acts of terrorism, act of God, war, strikes, theft, delay, cancellation, civil disorder, fire, floods, acts of Government or of any other authorities, accident to or failure of machinery or equipment, maintenance requirements or industrial action disaster, Government regulations or changes in itinerary or schedule. Please note that all travel documents, observance of laws and regulations of various Governments are your responsibility.
9. Policies - To further reinforce on the above Terms and Conditions above, to ensure the comfort of every guest we further emphasise the following policies:
STRICTLY NO SMOKING in the apartment, balcony, patio/ terrace, Fire exit stairways, and the air space within the building are all strictly non-smoking. Smoking in the apartment damages the room and impacts further use. Retention of bond/Pre-authorisation is required to cover cost of cleaning and ventilation
PETS ARE NOT PERMITTED AT ANY TIME – pets (with exception registered companion pets) are not permitted. Plum Apartments reserves the right to undertake maintenance and welfare checks and inspections, and should pets be found to occupy the property during your stay, you will be asked to vacate immediately and forfeit your bond, with costs of additional cleaning or repair costs exceeding the value of the bond to be met by the guest.
NO PARTY & NO EXCESSIVE NOISE – Please note Plum Apartments are for “accommodation use” only. All Guests and building occupants are offered ‘Quite Enjoyment’ during their stay and therefore we enforce a strict NO PARTY policy. Any person(s) found to be creating excessive noise, exceeding the numbers of permitted guests or conducting a party in their apartment or common areas of the buildings will be evicted without refund. Visitors must leave by 11pm each night and only the registered overnight guests (limits apply) are permitted to be in the apartment after this time. Plum Apartments may evict a guest or visitor without warning and involve Victoria Police as appropriate should Guests /party / group refuse to cooperate and/or continue to create unreasonable and excessive noise. No refund will be given with full forfeiture of the Bond. We ask all guests to contact Plum Apartments Reception should you experience or wish to report excessive noise from other guests/ visitors.
INAPPROPRIATE BEHAVIOUR: For the interest of public safety and ensuring every guest experience is a pleasant stay at Plum Apartments, Plum Apartments will enforce a zero tolerance policy on guests behaving badly & inappropriately at our establishment. Breaches of this policy include (but not necessarily limited to) drug / alcohol intoxication on premises, abusive/profane language, verbal/physical abuse, threats, property damage, disruption. Plum Apartments will exercise its right to warn, evict and in extreme cases evict without warning guests in breach of this policy, with no refund and full forfeiture of Bond. Guests shall comply with all reasonable requests, instructions or demands made by the Plum Apartments management. Plum Apartments reserves the right to charge guests cost of repairs, loss of use of the apartment as a result of malicious damage, miss-use or neglect if deemed justified by management, Fair wear and tear excluded.
REPORTABLE EVENTS: As an Accommodation provider, Plum Apartments works closely with other accommodation providers and Victoria Police to ensure the safety and security of all our guests. Plum Apartments will report all serious breaches of policy and illegal activity to Victoria Police. Any Guests observing such serious breaches of policy or illegal activity are asked to contact Plum Apartments staff immediately on 0447321503 and assist in providing information relevant to these matters.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT: Standard Check-In time is available AFTER 2pm.Early check in may be available on prior request however cannot be guaranteed. Standard Check-Out time is no later than 10 am of the date of departure. Late checkouts up to 1pm may be available on request however cannot be guaranteed, with departures required beyond 1pm subject to additional night stay charges. Guests anticipating arrival outside of reception hours must advise Plum Apartments during reception hours at least 2 days before arrival. The pre-authorisation will be applied to your credit card and access instructions emailed to you for after-hours arrival.
CANCELLATIONS: Cancellations or modification to bookings up to 14 days of your arrival date, no fee will be charged. If cancelled or modified later than 14 Days prior to your booking or in case of no-show, the total price of the reservation will be charged. Plum Apartments will consider refund for cancellations for ‘special’ circumstances only. If after check-in you have a change of plans or wish to terminate your stay prematurely, the nature and value of a refund if any, will be at the discretion of Plum Apartments.
BOOKINGS: All guests under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian or an individual over the age of 18. Plum Apartments has the right to refuse any booking when the legal parent / guardian over 18 cannot produce current photo ID. Quotes and reservations are subject to availability and actual pricing at the time of booking. Any verbal quote given is an estimate only of the price, which will be subject to written advice on confirmation of the reservation. A confirmation email will be forwarded to your nominated email once the booking process is complete. The person affecting a booking shall be deemed to have accepted the booking conditions on behalf of all persons named in that booking. Whilst we attempt to satisfy all special requests, we are unable to provide a guarantee. There will be no refund for early check out. A late check-out fee may apply if the property is not vacated prior to this time.
SECURE ACCESS: Plum Apartments are all located within secure buildings with restricted access. Plum Apartments is committed to maintaining the integrity of secure access arrangements and we require guests as authorised persons to also ensure security access is maintained at all times. This includes the responsibility of all registered guests for access fobs/cards and room keys, which must not be duplicated and/or shared with 3rd Parties. Plum Apartments takes no responsibility for any personal possessions that are lost, stolen or misplaced whilst on the premises.
GROUP BOOKINGS: (booking of 6 apartments of more) A refundable deposit equal to 50% of the total accommodation cost is required to be paid direct to the Plum Apartments within 7 business days of issue of the booking confirmation. The balance must be paid in full 30 days prior to check in, upon which the deposit becomes non-refundable. The group coordinator on behalf of all guests in the group will be required to present a MasterCard or Visa card for a $600 pre-authorisation on check in, or make an alternative arrangement prior to check in. If the reservation is cancelled within 30 days of expected check in, or the group fails to check in, the total accommodation cost payment will not be refunded.
INTERNET: Plum Apartments provides all guests free access to unlimited Wi-Fi internet and assumes no responsibility for any connection difficulties between its proprietary system and guests WiFi devices or Ethernet connections.
COMPLAINTS: Should you believe you have a legitimate complaint about any aspect of your experience with Plum Apartments, Plum Apartments will follow its complaints resolution procedure and will genuinely attempt in good faith to find an amicable resolution. Complaints shall be submitted in writing and emailed to [email protected] Plum Apartments will respond to your complaint within 48 hours. Should you become dissatisfied with the outcome of the Plum Apartments complaints handling process, Plum Apartments will refer complainant and these matters to the consumer affairs regulator of Victoria. Please ask our friendly staff should you require further information.
Why do we collect your personal information ?
Collecting your information is essential for us to provide our products and services to you. It also helps us to understand your needs, enabling us to provide you with a greater quality of service.
How do we collect personal information ?
We only collect information when you knowingly provide it. Collection may include requesting information by phone, filling out a registration form on check-in, providing your business card to us, or e-mailing or faxing us your details.
Do we disclose your personal information to anyone ?
We may disclose your personal information where you have consented to us doing so. We may also be required or authorised by law to disclose your personal information.
Is your personal information up-to-date ?
It is important that the personal information we collect is accurate, complete and up-to-date. You can contact us at any time to update your personal information, or to tell us if your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete.
Is your personal information secure ?
We take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal information from misuse, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. When your information is no longer required we securely destroy it from our systems.
Can you access your personal information ?
You may request access to the information we hold about you by contacting us. We may be required by law to retain your personal information after you have ceased your relationship with us.
Does your personal information leave the country ?
We do not send personal information outside the country unless to do so is authorised by law.
What about sensitive information ?
Sensitive information can be about racial or ethnic origin, membership of a profession or trade, personal health or other personal information. We only collect, use or disclose sensitive information about you as is allowed by law.
We constantly review our policies and procedures to keep up-to-date with changes in law, technology and the needs of our guests and we may change this policy from time to time.
Can you complain about a breach of your privacy ?
You may lodge a concern or complaint with us by writing to the General Manager. Additional Privacy Information For additional information on privacy visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website: www.privacy.gov.au.